Second week of the year has been a doozy!

We started off having a pretty awesome weekend….short lived 🤣

I have been craving spaghetti squash! We browned some lean ground turkey and added Cleveland’s own marinara sauce. Johnny cooked the squash in the instant pot….only 10 minutes which is amazing! It was even better than i remembered! We need to have this more often!

I’m definitely a creature of habit when it comes to eating. I love to start my day with eggs and toast. This weekend i decided to switch things up and i made some protein pancakes. I didn’t want the extra calories from syrup so i just flavored with a little bit of butter and cinnamon. They were really good!

Sunday night we had pork chops, mixed veggies and some low carb noodles!

Monday we had steak, asparagus and brown rice!

Wednesday night we made stuffed acorn squash. Oh my goodness this was so delicious!

Are you all wondering why this week was a “doozy?” Well starting Monday i was having horrible pains in my side. I still worked and coached but i was afraid to workout because i didn’t know what the pain was. Wednesday night i went to bed and about an hour later i woke up with excruciating pain on my lift side. This continued THE ENTIRE NIGHT! I was exhausted. John had been trying to get me to go to the ER all night. Finally fell back asleep a little after 5 and woke up to the alarm at 6am. Felt terrible. John (with the help of my boss) finally talked me into going to the ER. Also mom said it might be a good idea.

We walked in a little before 7am and they took me back immediately! What!? The nurse shared with us that for weeks now the wait has been anywhere from 8-18 hours!!!!! Phew we got lucky!

The ran blood work, urine and did a CT! We hung out waiting for results. They gave me some IV fluids but i refused pain medication. While laying around the Brookpark squad brought in a young lady who was definitely on drugs. Five police officers stood outside her room. She was mean and nasty to everyone but it was entertaining for all. She was also demanding food. She would say things like “But do y’all got any food!? I know you have food. This is a hospital right? I could go for some lasagna. You’re fat. You’re a bitch. I need my medicine NOW.” You get the gist. One police officer asked if i wanted my door closed. Um no I’m fully enjoying this show! i will add she received a hot breakfast from downstairs pretty quick. Meanwhile i was starving 🤣

After about 3 hours we had all my results. Only thing they found was a small hernia but that’s it. Super happy nothing major was wrong but not happy to endure this pain with no answers. Bottom line I’m healthy and will continue to live a healthy life.

John made me a yummy grilled cheese sandwich and some chicken noodle soup for dinner. Comfort food makes everything better!

Friday showed some improvement but still definitely in pain. I’m taking ibuprofen which is helping and i finally was able to sleep. For dinner we made steak fajitas. Praying this weekend continues to move in the right direction!

12 thoughts on “Second week of the year has been a doozy!

  1. Healthy food…healthy life…and hopefully once the small hernia can be addressed…the pain is gone you will be healthy strong amazing Miss Jill again. Tight feel better hugs…m

    Liked by 1 person

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s